Answer the following using a “Short Essy” format. Write a 200 – 300 word reaction for each.
Each reaction should include:
- Synopsis of the question, including key points.
- Your thoughts about what the question means and include whether or not you agree or disagree with the author if the topic is controversial.
- Review the nightly news, a news magazines, or newspapers (local, national and/or international) in regard to broadcasts/stories on terrorism. Is this something you would have reviewed or examined before this class? How important is it to have an understanding of terrorism today? Please cite your source within your response and then example your views.
- Why is the lone wolf terrorist so difficult to stop? What are the disadvantages facing law enforcement? How can some of these disadvantages be overcome? Cite and provide examples.
- What if you worked in the Treasury Department as an anti-terrorist funding expert? What challenges would the Hawala system present to you? What would you need to do in order to track the funds? Cite and provide examples.
- Explain your view of objective reporting. For example, do you believe that print media is more, or less, objective in their reporting than televised reporting? Do you believe there is more, or less, objective reporting during times of crises? Cite and provide examples.
- Identify three responses Israel has utilized against terrorism and when they were utilized. What are your thoughts on these tactics?
Journal Assignment Grading:
Each assignment is given equal weight out of 100 points.; each question is worth 20 points. If a question is not answered, no points will be received for that response. Each question is weighted equally. Please post all answers as an attachment in a Microsoft Word document or a Rich Text Format file.