BI Ethical Case:
You are the CIO of Facebook, and you want to buy data from Google as soon as possible. However, you don’t know the origins of the data and how the data was collected from Google. What should you do?
1. Identity and discuss the ethical dilemma that you faced (1 point).
2. Stakeholders are directly or indirectly affected by your decisions. Provide at least 3 specific stakeholders affected by the situation. (1 point)
3. Discuss the challenges in addressing the ethical dilemma by identifying at least 2 key issues and their subsequent implications/ramifications (1 point).
4. How would you have responded to the ethical dilemma? Apply at least two ethical models to brainstorm the questions you want to ask (1.5 points).
5. How would you implement solutions to respond to the ethical dilemma? Apply at least two ethical models to brainstorm the solutions (1.5 points).
Global Strategy Case:
You are CIO of Facebook, and you want to build online video rental service like Amazon Prime or Netflix in China. However, pirated movies are very common in China, and the government lacks regulations to protect intellectual property. What should you do?
1. Develop PEST analysis for Facebook to build the service in China (1.5 points).
2. Recommend at least three strategies for Facebook to build the service (1.5 points).