- Complete the required reading (attached files from textbook chapter 6 and 7 and some online links).
- In a 3-4 page paper, address the following:
- Distinguish among negligent torts, intentional torts, and strict liability.
- Develop a list of elements that must be proven in order to be successful in a negligence suit.
- Describe the major laws that were developed to protect individual’s rights in the healthcare profession. Note several from your text and at least three not listed in your text located from an external source.
- Answer the discussion questions for the People Stories: The Coal Miner on page 251 of your textbook (I have attached chapters 6 and 7 from the textbook below):
- Based on this coal miner’s experience, do you believe the United States Office of Government Ethics is properly regulating itself, as well as other government agencies, or is this just another item on a long list (e.g., items like the Agent Orange controversy) of the U.S. government’s failure to take responsibility for its wrongful actions that have harmed others? Discuss your answer. In your answer, consider both sides of the issue.
- Explain what action you would take to help Jimmy.
- Describe the ethical principles outlined in the Pillars of Moral Strength (see Appendix A of your textbook) that apply to this case.
- Your work will automatically be checked by Turnitin.
Links for reading:
4. https://www.justia.com/ (Search free federal court opinions)
5. https://www.oyez.org/ (Search free Supreme Court opinions, listen to oral arguments, and read briefs)