create a presentation that reflects on your proposed problem of interest and explains the purpose of a literature review as it relates to this problem.
Step 1: Reflect on your proposed problem of interest.
Critically think about your research question or problem of interest.
Step 2: Consider the following questions:
What is the purpose of conducting a literature review?
What are the steps a nurse researcher would take to conduct a literature review?
What would be the primary and secondary questions regarding the research question or problem of interest?
Consider the importance of including sources with a variety of results when identifying sources pertaining to your proposed problem of interest.
Step 3: Consider who your audience might be if you were to deliver your presentation in person.
What would you want them to know about this topic?
What would you expect them to already know?
Step 4: Create a seven- to ten-slide presentation that summarizes the purpose of a literature review.
- Explain the steps in conducting a literature review. In your presentation, describe how you would approach conducting a literature review pertaining to your problem of interest. Identify one primary question and one secondary question regarding the problem of interest.
Expert Solution Preview
Title: The Importance of Literature Review in Medical Research
Welcome, esteemed colleagues and fellow medical practitioners. Today, we will delve into the vital role that a literature review plays in medical research. In this presentation, we will reflect on a proposed problem of interest and explore the purpose of conducting a literature review in the context of this problem. Additionally, we will outline the steps involved in conducting a literature review and provide examples of primary and secondary questions related to our problem of interest.
Slide 1: Problem of Interest
– Briefly introduce your proposed problem of interest.
– Highlight its significance and the need for research in this area.
– Engage the audience by conveying the relevance of the topic to their own practice.
Slide 2: Purpose of a Literature Review
– Explain the purpose of conducting a literature review in medical research.
– Emphasize the importance of reviewing existing literature to identify knowledge gaps and build upon previous findings.
– Illustrate how a literature review helps researchers gain a comprehensive understanding of their problem of interest.
Slide 3: Steps in Conducting a Literature Review
– Provide an overview of the steps involved in conducting a literature review.
– Define the research question or problem of interest.
– Search for relevant literature using reputable databases.
– Evaluate and critically appraise the retrieved sources.
– Synthesize the findings from various sources.
– Highlight the iterative nature of literature review, where refinement and adaptation occur throughout the process.
Slide 4: Approach to Conducting a Literature Review
– Explain how you would approach conducting a literature review pertaining to your problem of interest.
– Share your search strategy, including keywords and inclusion/exclusion criteria.
– Discuss any challenges or limitations that may arise during the process.
Slide 5: Primary Question
– Present the primary question related to your problem of interest.
– Explain the significance of this question and how it contributes to addressing the problem.
– Emphasize the potential impact of finding answers to this primary question.
Slide 6: Secondary Question
– Introduce the secondary question, complementing the primary question.
– Discuss how the secondary question further explores or supports the primary question.
– Explain how answering both questions strengthens the overall research endeavor.
Slide 7: Audience Knowledge
– Consider the audience’s background knowledge and expertise.
– Highlight the importance of understanding the existing literature in their respective fields.
– Acknowledge their foundational knowledge but emphasize the need to stay updated through literature reviews.
Slide 8: Summary of the Purpose of a Literature Review
– Recap the main points covered throughout the presentation.
– Emphasize the significance of conducting a literature review to advance medical research and improve patient care.
Slide 9: Conclusion
– Conclude by reiterating the importance of literature reviews and their contribution to evidence-based medicine.
– Encourage continuous engagement in literature reviews to drive research forward and foster lifelong learning.
Slide 10: References (Optional)
– Include a slide with the references consulted during the creation of the presentation.
– This enables your audience to access additional resources to deepen their understanding of the topic.
By addressing the purpose of a literature review and showcasing the steps involved in conducting one, we aim to empower medical research enthusiasts like yourselves to embark on evidence-based journeys and contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge. Remember, knowledge is the key to unlocking the doors of progress in patient care.
Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to any questions or discussions you may have.