my research question is: Why freedom of speech sometimes has a negative impact on society?
Assignment: Please turn in a 2‐page (500 word, double spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins) essay that addresses the following questions:
- What is your overall research question?
- What do you find interesting or compelling about this question? Why might others find it interesting? Or, why should they care about your research?
- What makes it theoretically relevant or important?
- What do you want to learn as a result of pursuing this research? Why is it worth spending time to research this question? Why is it worth knowing?
- How will you research this topic? Where can you start?
- Name three sources you used to research your topic so far. They can be scholarly or popular and can include course readings.
- Learn how to identify a researchable issue, problem or question?
- Explore various ways a question or problem can be framed. Consider what difference different framings might make.
- Ultimately, this first assignment will help you refine your research question; guide you toward choosing two appropriate research methods to explore your research topic; give you a chance to get some early feedback; and help you make progress in your research and complete your final research proposal.