Instructions and Submission
- Worth 15% of final grade
- Due no later than 11:00 p.m. on Sunday of Unit 3 or as directed by your professor
Late Submission Policy
- This assignment is subject to the Late Submission penalty policy, namely 5% per day for three days.
- This page will close and will not allow further submissions after this Late Submission period has expired.
- In the event of an emergency preventing you from submitting within this time frame, special permission must be obtained from your instructor. Documentation substantiating emergency is required. In such a circumstance, if the extension is granted, the professor will reopen the submission function for you on an individual basis.
- Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
By the end of this assignment students will be able to
- recognize in formal terms what constitutes a block creative thinking in their own lives;
- identify how to avoid a creativity-blocking situation;
- identify some techniques to a personal case study that retrospectively would have enhanced their creativity; and
- use inductive logic to create a generalized lesson to be learned in future situations of blocked creativity.
Students are to write a self-reflective paper that is a case study of one instance of creative thinking being blocked. Students are to:
- Think of an incident in his or her past where they experienced a block to their creative abilities.
- Post what and how that block might have been avoided and creativity enhanced.
- Describe these, and the lessons to be learned from this reflection.
- The report should be 800 words excluding the title page and reference page, and should follow APA referencing style when references are used.
- A minimum of four references should be included.
- Please review the instructions for uploading assignment files through Turnitin.
- The system will not allow you to resubmit after the due date.
- Please review the instructions for reviewing your feedback in a Turnitin assignment.
The following rubric indicates those areas you should be focusing on in preparing your assignment, and how the instructor will weigh these components relative to one another.
% of Final Grade
Quality of Analysis (55%)
a. Appropriateness of the reflective instance
b. Insights given and depth of analysis
c. Quality of “Lessons Learnt”
a. Uses language clearly and effectively
b. Information organized intelligently and in logical order
c. Proper introduction and conclusion to paper
Attention to Detail (20%)
a. APA Referencing and formatting (title, headings & references)
b. Spelling and grammar
Assignment Value (15%)