To understand the company, you chose in sufficient detail to recommend a new strategic direction, you will need to analyze the company and the industry and environment in which it operates. Completing the financial analysis is a great starting point.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the financial health of a company.
For this assignment, you will complete a thorough financial analysis of your company by creating and Excel file that mimics the MGMT-522_Financial Analysis Example. The example is for Camping World. Your company’s financial statements will be formatted differently and use different labels and accounts. You will use the structure and vocabulary of your company as you follow the example. The finished analysis should include all of the elements of the example. Later, you will discuss the results of the financial analysis in the body of your paper.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Download the MGMT-522_Financial Analysis Example (Excel spreadsheet) and review the details on each sheet.
- Create a new file and name it with this structure: last name/company name/1.4 financial analysis.
- Analyze your company using the example to guide your work.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself, and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment link by the end of the workshop.