Week 3 Discussion COLLAPSEOverall Rating:
To successfully complete this week’s discussion, you will need to:
- Refer to this week’s reading, Chapter 3 of your textbook.
- Use the Strayer University Library and/or the Internet to conduct independent research on reasonable suspicion and probable cause.
Please respond to the following in a substantive post:
- Compare/contrast reasonable suspicion and probable cause.
- Provide one example of a traffic stop involving reasonable suspicion and one involving probable cause.
Be sure to provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Please respond substantively to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.
Consider the following questions as you respond to your classmate’s post:
- What is something you found in your classmate’s post that helped you better understand the difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause?
- What is one resource you would recommend to your classmate to deepen his/her knowledge or reasonable suspicion and probable cause?
- Be sure to explain what you found particularly useful about this resource.
Note: You will want to use the information from this post and the feedback you receive in your Reasonable Suspicion Versus Probable Cause assignment, due this week.