Week 3 ProjectAssignment Due November 14 at 11:59 PM
Review the following lecture:
- Social Determinants of Health
THIS WEEK’S project is to write the analytical epidemiology section of your final capstone paper. You will discuss determinants of the public health problem in your population. You will also discuss primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention strategies.
Create a 3-4 page report addressing:
- Determinants of the public health problem in your population
- Do SES, race/ethnicity, gender/ gender identity, rural/urban residence impact your health issue?
- Do other social, individual, or environmental determinants impact your health issue?
- Primary prevention: How to prevent the issue from occurring
- Secondary prevention: Screening, diagnosis, and early detection (if this applies to your issue)
- Tertiary prevention: Rehabilitation, preventing disease progression (if this applies to your issue)
As you discuss the topics above, incorporate findings from different types of epidemiological studies (case-control, cohort, meta-analysis) of your public health problem.
Use at least five (5) reputable sources (the text, South University library resources, government websites, peer-reviewed research articles) that you cite in the text and at the end in APA format.
- Name your document SU_PHE4200_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.